Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Tag inspired by Tim Holtz

Something a little different to share with you.  I am taking an online card class that is being taught by Tim Holtz.  (Creative Chemistry 101)This class is all about technique and I can say I have already picked up some really good hints.  He uses tags to demonstrate the different techniques on so that is why you see a tag.  This tag is made using Distress Stains and a water mister.  I started by misting the tag and then applying the color randomly on the tag.  I then dried the tag and applied a little mist again.  I will say that I tried this technique on different papers and found a good quality paper is needed.  On a manila file folder it seemed that the paper grew hairs.  The Distress stains used were Rusty Hinge, Worn Lipstick, Stormy Sky and Forest Moss. The edges were distressed with Walnut Stain.  The stamp is "Heartfelt" from Tim Holtz and was stamped using Ranger archival Jet Black.  A ribbon stained with the Forest Moss tops off the tag.  This was fun to make.  I can see I have a lot to learn about this technique and will continue to work at it.  Hope you enjoy

5 comments:

  1. I really like the colors you used, lovely tag, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very elegant! Love it. Forrest Moos and Stormy Sky go so well together.

    Have a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag!!!
    I love the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Mary Jo! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete