Saturday, May 17, 2014
Sunday, May 11, 2014
My inspiration for this card came from Darcie Bruno with a JustRite Tuesday Tutorial.
Taylored Expressions: Care and Comfort
JustRite Rose Garden Background
Taylored Expressions Frame it up 3
Embossing powder Black and Clear
Gelatos: Blue set (Cotton Candy, Blueberry and Boysenberry)
Black : 16 inches but into two pieces 6 inches and 10 inches
Black cut to 5.5 x 8.5 (fold to form a 4.25 x 5.5 card base)
White cut to 4 x 5.25
1. Using the white paper and the Versamark pad stamp the background onto the paper
2. Create a protective tent from paper cut 7 inch or more by 4. Cut a second piece 6 inches by 2.5. and attach the 7 inch paper at both ends lining one edge.
3. Place the stamped image into the protective tent so that 2.5 inch is exposed and the 1.5 portion covered. Tilting this so the open edge is to the bottom apply the clear embossing powder. Tap this to remove the excess powder and slide out of the paper tent
4. Turn the card so the white is on the bottom. Apply the black embossing powder to the rest of the card. Heat set the embossing powder
5. Using a baby wipe and your finger put one of the gelato color on the baby wipe and randomly apply to the embossed card. Repeat with the other colors.
6. Stamp the sentiment on the white tag. (optional is to add clear embossing powder to the sentiment and heat set.) Lightly apply the cotton candy gelato to the tag.
7. Place the 6 inch ribbon over the card where the black and clear meet.
8. Attach the tag so that it is along the ribbon
9. Using the 10 inch ribbon tie a bow and with a glue dot place sideways to align with the tag left edge.
Saturday, May 3, 2014
Stampers Anonymous Bubble TH S002 and Clockwork THSo13
Memory Box Diamonds
Technique Tuesday Simple Sentiments
Sizzix Clock die
Studio 490 Embossing paste
Wink of Stella clear pen-optional
Salty Ocean and re-inker
Desert Storm cut 5.5 x 8.5 (Fold to make a 4.25 x 5.5 card)
White cut 5.25 x 4
1. Using the white card stock and Gathered Twigs and the Bubble stencil place random patterns on the paper.
2. Using the Gathered Twigs and the Diamond stencil place random on the card stock
3. Using Salty Ocean and the Diamond stencil place random on the card stock
4. Distress lightly the card base with Gathered Twigs
5. Stamp the sentiment using Gathered Twigs in the lower left corner approximately ¼ inch from the left and bottom edge.
6. Place a small amount of the embossing paste on a non stick surface or small cup. Add a drop of the Salty Ocean re-inker and mix.
7. Using the Clock Work stencil place it along the right edge so that it does not touch the sentiment. Using a spatula work the paste into the stencil. Be sure to remove the excess and smooth it so that it is level with the stencil. Remove the stencil. The leftover paste can be used again. Optional is to leave the paste white and when dry put the stencil over it and then using a distress sponge color the paste.
8. Using Gathered Twigs and a distress sponge color the clock hands. Glue together and when the paste if dry place them on the center dot. Color the Candi dot and with a pop dot place on the clock hands.
9. Mount onto the card base.