Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Background Stamps

Hello.  I am doing the Online Card Class--Stretch your stamps  with Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner.  The first day showed how to take a background stamp and the many different ways to use it.  I decided to try the Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card "Ticking" stamp pictured below.  I stamped it with Distress Ink "Faded Jeans" and then turned the paper and stamped it with Distress Ink "Stormy Sky".  I really like the pattern it created.  This was mounted on a Bazzill navy paper.  The butterfly is from a Hero Arts - Sizzix set and the Sentiment is from Penny Black.  Copic markers were used to color the butterfly using two shades of yellow  -Y13 and Y 18 and one of blue (B32).  Faded Jeans was used to distress the sentiment.This is an A2 card and was rather simple to make.  Hope you enjoy.  (edit:  I used Memento on the butterfly and Ranger archival jet black on the sentiment.)

3 comments:

  1. Cute card. I am also taking the Stretch Your Stamps class. I have this same sentiment, but find that I never get a clean image. Can you tell me the type of ink you used? Yours looks so clean and crisp. Would you share your secret?

    Thanks, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Memento on the butterfly and Ranger archival jet black on the sentiment.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous way to get two patterns from one stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are like hot cocoa in winter that makes you feel warm inside.