Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Explosion Box



JustRite is back with a new challenge. The Friday Challenge 046 is a Technique-Scoring sponsored by Scor-Pal .  You are to create a project using scoring (other than the fold of the card) and JustRite stamps.  Well I have wanted to try this Explosion Box I found on the Scor-Pal site .  I began by using a solid for the base and added DP "Be loved"  by My Minds Eye which I cut in 4 inch squares.  The solid cream and red are from Bazzill.  A double bow was tied using May Arts Ribbon.  Spellbinder scalloped squares and a Martha Stewart punch help finish off the top..  I made the box a 4 x 4 which is a modification from the directions.  I added some little gems from Hero Arts too.

Hopefully from the picture you can see I had to to scor at the  4 inch marks and then at a diagonal on the corners  so the 12 x 12 will fold into a box shape.  The top was cut as a 6 1/8 square and scored at one inch on all four sides to make the lid slightly larger than the box.   I used Scor Tape to assemble this project.

TOP:  Stamp sets that were used for the top of the box are from JustRite: You Inspire Me stamped and edged with Memento Rich Cocoa and cut with Spellbinder circles. I stamped JustRite's Happy Everything Tag kit "Happy Valentines Day" and cut it with the tag from the set.  I created a cream border on the edge of the top with the Martha Stewart punch.



INSIDE:  I used Bazzill flowers which were colored using my Copic Air Brush System , layered and attached with a brad by Bo Bunny.  A tag " Be Mine"  was stamped using the JustRite Myriad Pro Font set.  I added little pockets on each of the sides that hold little cards that can be used for a variety of gift ideas.  I used the Martha Steward punch on the pockets too.





Have to say this was a fun project and I hope you enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. POW! What an explosion of color and sentiment. I love it! Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! Great details and colors! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun colorful explosion box, Mary Jo -- love how you used the punch for the heart edging too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous box, Mary Jo! Thanks for playing in JustRite's challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are like hot cocoa in winter that makes you feel warm inside.