Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Embossing Technique

This card was designed using an embossing technique by Jennifer McGuire in the Online Card Camp I am participating in.  She used the embossing pad and put it to the paper.  The second part was to put the embossing powder over this.  The third step she showed was to use the embossing pad on the stamp itself and then to put this on the powder--pressing very hard.  What happens is you lift the powder off and have the stamped image which you then apply the heat gun to.  The next step is to use a color marker and Copics are not recommended.  I had to use two Copic markers since this is all I have right now, but as I was working I applied heat.  I colored in where the embossing powder had been removed.  (Copic markers will melt the embossed image).  I cut the flower out and added Bronze Pearl Pen to the center.  This was popped over the leaves cut with a Spellbinder Foliage die.

  I also used colors that were in the Friday release of additional color combinations.  This paper from Echo Parks "Summer Days" 6 x6 worked perfect for the color combination.  Hope you enjoy.
 
Supplies:
Paper :  Echo Park  “Summer Days”
Stamps:  Penny Black “To You” and Hero Arts "Brthday"
Embossing Powder
Copic Markers:  Y18, Y19
Viva Pearl Pen “Bronze”
Spellinders Foliage Die

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting technique and a very lovely result!!!

    ReplyDelete